Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NBA Finals Preview

Pretty sweet stroke from the mid-range
Let's get this started right away. Representing the Western Conference, we have the Oklahoma City Thunder. This team, despite being considered a small-market team, has been embraced widely by the league and its fans. D-Wade recently stated that Westbrook is the "most athletic guy in the league." What's up with Wade saying this? Oh, and then telling the public that the leader of the Heat is his Batman, LeBron James when he's only been there for two seasons. This all makes sense now, because Wade was sponsored by T-Mobile and his phone was called the Sidekick! Get it? Anyway, I think the Thunder have a really good chance of winning this. Even though they're considered a team that relies too heavily on their perimeter game, their offense playbook has been working up until now. I love all of their shooting forms, even Perkins. Ibaka's jumper isn't looking too shabby either and it creates another threat for the Heat.


He is the Sidekick.
And representing the Eastern Conference, are the Heat. They've been here before last season and they blew it against the Mavericks. But now they understand (I think...I mean, they almost lost to a bunch of oldies and a young point guard that carried the team) the atmosphere, the pressure and the meaning of the Finals. Will LeBron finally win a ring? Would that even be enough for everyone to shut up? I don't think so, because he said he would win multiple rings for the franchise. If I remember correctly, I think he said he would win six with them. Skip Bayless isn't shutting up for a really long time. Chris Bosh couldn't have come at a better time, hitting his three's (?). D-Wade is solid, but needs to come out in the first half and play like he has in the 2006 Finals. What I like about the Heat is that they got two and a half guys that can score the basketball, dish it out, or put it on the floor while their role players are all shooters waiting for the open shot.
Can LeBron fulfill his promise?

No comments:

Post a Comment